The “Snapshots” tool enables you to get a quick look of the close-ended data for your iPerceptions survey, with the ability to view this data in both chart and table format.
The format of the chart and table will vary based on the type of question that you are analyzing:
1) Single-Select / Multi-Select
Single-select questions ask your respondents to select the best answer based on the question shown, while multi-select questions enable respondents to select more than 1 answer. All answers for these types of questions will be shown in descending order based on their individual proportions.
For the data table:
- 1st column: List of answers provided within this question.
- 2nd column (Respondents): Number of respondents who provided this answer within the time period you selected
- 3rd column (Percentage): Percentage of respondents who provided this answer within the time period you selected
2) Single-Select With Score
Single-Select with Score questions ask your respondents to provide a rating based on the question asked (e.g. Overall Experience). The data for this type of question will be listed in the same order as the scale.
For the data table:
- 1st column: The descriptor that is shown with the corresponding answer (see 2nd column) when answering the survey
- 2nd column (Scale): The number this answer represents on the scale when answering the survey.
- 3rd column (Respondents): Number of respondents who provided this answer within the time period you selected
- 4th column (Percentage): Percentage of respondents who provided this answer within the time period you selected
3) Set-of-Ratings / Ranking
The answer choices will be shown from left to right in the order that they are shown to the respondent when answering the question, while from the bottom to the top of the chart, the data will also be shown in the order that they are shown to the respondent (from “Not at all interested” to “Very interested” in the example above).
The data table mimics the order in which the answer choices and scale are shown to respondents when answering the question, with counts and percentages being provided for each answer choice.
For Set-of-Ratings questions, since a rating is required for each answer choice before moving forward in the survey, the counts for each row will add up to the same amount (see the “above results are based on…” message provided below the table). As well, all percentages will add up to 100%.
UPDATED: December 4 2015
This article was updated to reflect our new platform navigation being released on December 4 2015. Check out this article to learn more about this update. This reporting tool was previously named "Descriptive Statistics".