When viewing Worksheets in Advanced Exploration, clicking the “Edit” button provides the ability to edit the Worksheets in this Workbook, as well as create new Worksheets:
This article provides an overview of the items that are available to you when creating or editing a view in a Worksheet:
- Dimensions and Measures
- Columns, Rows and Marks
- Save, Save As, Revert and Done
- Creating and Deleting Worksheets and Workbooks
Dimensions and Measures
The data that you collect with your iPerceptions projects are classified into Dimensions or Measures. You will use these variables when setting up your analysis in Advanced Exploration.
These variables form the basis of your analysis, and can be included as Columns, Rows and Marks for your analysis, as well as Filters to focus your analysis on specific groups of respondents. More on these later in this article.
Columns, Rows and Marks
The variables you add as Columns and Rows determine what variables will appear along the horizontal and vertical axes of your chart, respectively.
The variables added in the Marks card determine what data will be calculated in this crosstab, and how it will be displayed.
See the Use Cases listed in the Advanced Exploration section of our support forum for examples on how to set up different types of analyses:
- Columns: Variable(s) that appear along the horizontal axis of your analysis.
- Rows: Variable(s) that appear along the vertical axis of your analysis.
- Marks – Color: If you would like a variable to be represented as colors (e.g. show each Purpose of Visit group as a different color).
Marks – Size: If you would like a variable to be represented as shapes of different sizes (e.g. the higher the value, the larger the size).
Marks – Text: If you would like a variable to be represented as numbers or text.
Detail: If you would like to view additional information about the data points. Check out this Use Case for an example of how you can use this option.
By default, the data shown in a Worksheet is based on the responses provided by all respondents who answered these questions over the past 3 years (see the Columns, Rows and Marks section for more information).
Dimensions and Measures can be added to the Filters card to focus your analysis on specific groups of respondents and time frames. A menu will be provided at the right of the Worksheet through which specific groups can be selected for your analysis.
The toolbar provided at the top of the Worksheet provides various ways to manage your charts and tables:
- Undo / Redo: Reverse the last change that you made, or reapply a change that you reversed.
- Swap: Convert your “Column” variables into “Row” variables, and vice-versa.
- Totals: If viewing the data in Table format, show the Grand Totals for the Rows and Columns.
- Show / Hide Labels: Show or hide the numerical data in the chart or table.
- View Size: Adjust the size of the chart or table in the Worksheet to fit your screen.
- Worksheet: Create, duplicate, rename, clear, or delete the Worksheet. See the Creating and Deleting Worksheets and Workbooks section for more information.
- Download: Download the output to your computer as an image or Adobe® PDF® file, a spreadsheet which includes each datapoint included in the analysis, or a spreadsheet which includes the data as a crosstab.
- Show Me: Select the table or chart format in which to display the data.
Save, Save As, Revert and Done
When you are done editing your Worksheet, the following actions are available at the top of the Worksheet:
- Save: Save the changes you have performed for each of the Worksheets in this Workbook.
- Save As: Save your changes as a new Workbook. The Workbooks that have been created for a given project can be viewed when first accessing Advanced Exploration for that project in the iPerceptions Platform. See the Creating and Deleting Worksheets and Workbooks section for more information.
- Revert: Reverse all of the changes that you performed since the last time this Workbook was saved.
- Done: Exit “Edit Mode” for this Workbook, and return to Worksheet View in Advanced Exploration.
Creating and Deleting Worksheets and Workbooks
Worksheets and Workbooks can be created and deleted from Advanced Exploration as your analysis evolves over time.
Adding a Worksheet to a Workbook can be performed while in “Edit” mode for your Workbook by selecting the last Worksheet tab at the bottom of the screen:
To delete a Worksheet from a Workbook, right-click its tab, and select “Delete Worksheet”:
Adding a Workbook for your analysis can be performed while in “Edit” mode for a given Workbook by selecting the “Save As” option at the top of the screen:
This option saves your changes as a new Workbook, while the original Workbook on which you were working also remains accessible in Advanced Exploration.
The ability to delete a Workbook is not provided in Advanced Exploration. Reach out to your iPerceptions representative if this would need to be performed.